CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pagina's

zondag 4 maart 2012

MFT GDT March

Wow...I actually still can't believe what I've just done.... I entered the MyFavouriteThings GuestDesignTeam call!!! The theme for this month is "Hit the Books". When I read that, I instantly knew what to make....and that doesn't happen too often to me!
I always ask myself "will I be good enough? Is my card beautiful enough? Would they want someone who isn't the best Blogger in the world?" But still....this challenge really inspired me. And being a bad blogger should move into being a better blogger!

So. Off to the crafting-table for a few evenings to create the following project: a *book-card thing* ;-) for my sister who is about to graduate in June this year.

 For the front of my project, I used an old MFT-sketch, I believe it was number 37. Papers are from BasicGrey, called Oxford. Really matching the theme!!!! See the book this girly is reading? Paperpieced it! Great technique! The rest of the girl and books were coloured with DistressInks.
On the back the really cool LayeredLabelDie-set. Have to have that set....maybe sometime this year! The sentiment is from MFT, Essentials Sentiments.


And a look at the inside of my project. At the left side I created a pocket, so a label could slide in. I put the studying A La Mode girl on the label, and paperpieced her book again, so a little bit of the front of my project is on the inside too. My sister is a *cat-person*, so the cute little PI-purrfect girl, had to be in this gift for her! Doily (faux crochet oval), border (faux crochet), die (SayWhat!) and Sentiment (Essential Sentiments) from MFT. Sentiment on label from Unity Stamp, heartfelt sentiments. Really fitted the theme! The cute corners on the right side, and the label on the left side were cut with the Cricut. (Thanx Ellen!!!)

 And a look of my little book closed. The "pages" are made from 4 pieces of kraft cardstock (one for every side). Score them every cm, and "fold" them together. It was a little bit of a fight with those things, but the result is great (I have to say...hahaha!)

A few big *thank you*'s are for Ellen and Marijke.
They really helped me with this project. The three of us own each a collection of MFT-supplies, so combining these three collections, gave me the opportunity to make this. The cricut I mentioned is Ellen's. So again: Thanx Ellen!!
And last but not least thanx for welcoming me on your great weekend in Diessen. Really unexpected for me: thinking to be just one day from home, and ending up staying a whole weekend. I really enjoyed it, thanx thanx thanx girls!!!! Love ya!

Now....fingers crossed:
Hoping my project is good enough
Hoping to make it as GDT-member
and....hoping my sister isn't reading this blogpost!!!!

Thanx for coming over!

Hugs,

1 opmerking:

CraftyMomOf3 zei

Beautiful creation for the MFT Guest Designer Challenge!!

Best of luck!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith